Author Topic: Hello BDO Members!  (Read 87 times)

Carolina Chip

• Are the trout rising?
Hello BDO Members!
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »

Saying hello in the new year! Good to see some of the old names here. I am typically running from Arkansas, through the Deep South and to North Carolina these days. I am more often in a pair of waders whipping flies on a 5 wt for trout, but a river smallie on a fly is something of beauty. I have an 8 and 10 weight rod for bigger fish, so let me tell you, a salty red, speckled Trout or bone fish is a joy.

Plan to get a little more active in my bass fishing in 2017..   maybe will see you around.  ;)
One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions. –John Ashley-Cooper

Jig Man

Re: Hello BDO Members!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
Good to hear from you Chip.  Been way too long.

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
Thanks for checking in Chip! We wish you the best in 2017!
IC1

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
Hey I tried some fly fishing last year. got a 5/6 wt last year 8'6" and made it a 6 wt then was given another 5/6 wt 8' and made it a 5wt. Got out and caught a couple bass and cats with it but have not had it out this year. Going to try to go to the smokies or Cherokee this year try my luck. I definitely want to try it on the white water in indiana for some smallmouth. Good to see you around chip.

nimmor

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:47:08 AM »
Good to hear from you. Used to chase the Trout on the Little Red river when I lived in Heber Springs Arkansas. Never got good at using a fly rod though.