Author Topic: Oh that little TRD  (Read 162 times)

Jig Man

Oh that little TRD
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
I have gotten serious about Ned rig fishing this year since everything flooded and the traditional fishing has been extremely tough for me.  I am using the Midwest finesse jig head in 1/16 and 1/8 oz with 1/0 hooks with 6# fluorocarbon line.   Like stated I am putting TRDs on them.  Those are amazing little baits. 

The fish have consistently been in 20 fow.  All species of fish are in that area and 9 different species were landed on the Ned.  Most of the fish are smallmouth which is quite a surprise to me.  I did get a 4 and a 3 # last week.  That may not seem like a big deal but with the available forage it takes smallmouth 10 years to reach 15".

Old Ned has managed to get 284 bass into the boat.

gottafish

• Administrator
Re: Oh that little TRD
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
I started throwing the ned rig myself last year. I bought some of the TRD's and put them in my container like all my other baits. Over the winter they dried up and now are useless. keep them in the bag for sure. My brother pours his own baits so he gives me some 3 inch senko  type baits and they work great. He poured some with a split tail on them and we are going to try them this year.

BigFran-BassHunter

Re: Oh that little TRD
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
I've caught loads of Bass on the Ned-Rig here in Central NJ. I do use the Z Man products.
Question

What spinning rod would you buy for Ned-rig fishing?
Shimano Clarus CSSX66MLC  (Xtra Fast Tip) or the CSS70MLC? Both are 4-10 Mono--1/16-5/16 oz lure weight??

Fran