Author Topic: A New Gander  (Read 79 times)

G3boats

• USA Retired On The Tidal Potomac
A New Gander
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »
Just saw on another site where Gander Mountain may come back as Gander Outdoors.  Anyone seen this?

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
Re: A New Gander
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
Yeah. Our local Gander in Florence, Al is re-opening with the Outdoor change in the name. I haven't been by there in a few weeks so I don't know if the change has taken place.
Also we recently had a new Field & Steam store open next to Dick's Sporting Goods. The stores are joined so you can walk from one to the other inside the store.
Very impressive fishing display although not quite as big as Basspro but not many businesses have a candy store for fishermen quite like Bassproshop :)

TennRiverRat 8)
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth

Jig Man

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »
You are right about the BPS candy store.  I've been to Ganders, Cableas, and several BPS locations.  None of them compare to the National Headquarters Store here in Springfield, MO.  It is a vacation trip in itself and is only 12 miles from my house.  Now that the wildlife museum has reopened it would take a new comer a couple of days to look it all over.  Then there is the outlet store next door where one never knows what can be found and how cheap you can get it.

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Jig Man. You are one lucky dude. Closest BPS to us is Nashville, Tn about a 2-1/2 hr drive. There's also one in Hoover, Al about the same distance south of here.
Been to the one in Memphis in the Pyramid(really neat store) and the one in Jackson, Ms Guess I like the one in Memphis best. The setup inside is like your walking
through a Louisiana swamp with Cypress Trees, Spanish moss and mechanical alligators ;D Nice aquarium too.
Do most of my shopping online with them now but occasionally like to spend an entire day in them just walking around. Got watch myself if I'm not careful though
or I might spend my entire retirement income in there in a day :)

TennRiverRat 8)

"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth

Jig Man

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
That Pyramid Bass Pro is quite a place for sure.  We drove to Memphis just to see it.  For some reason visiting Bass Pro Shops is on my wife's bucket list.  I guess it is because of all of the decorating that Johnny has done in the stores.

When I am in Springfield I always go to the Outlet store.  It is where all of their surplus is sold.  There are some really good bargains in there sometimes.

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:23:34 AM »
I got to get down to Memphis to see it! Heard about it a lot!
IC1