Author Topic: bass fishing with jigs  (Read 73 times)

bassman82

bass fishing with jigs
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
hello and good morning fellow fisherman.
I have a question to all you bass fisherman and  ladies
I am teaching my self how to jig fish and I'm not have much success on it I have been doing it for the last 12 years and I have only caught 5 bass on it including one 5 pounder I would like any tips on what I'm doing wrong or what I could do different its getting frustrating
I recently got me a 7'3" heavy action extra fast rod with a shimano reel and 20 lbs power pro braid and the jigs I use are the strike king skipping jig and the denny brauer structure jig and the strike king pro modle in 3/8 and 1/2 oz with strike king rage bug and the rage craw

Jig Man

Re: bass fishing with jigs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
Not knowing how you do it and what kind of waters you fish it is hard to give advice.

I recommend that you do some reading about jig fishing and look for commonalities in the so that you can incorporate tired and proven techniques.   Bass Resource is a good place to start.

Here is a list of articles that you can use.

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing-lures-articles/

Here is another one by Mike Seibert from Seibert Outdoors

http://www.americananglers.net/aabfn/bass-fishing/bass-fishing-the-jig/msg6828/#msg6828
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:38:09 AM by Jig Man »

bassman82

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »
thanks for the advice jig man  I fish lake Somerville and Toledo bend i fish the jig by hopping and dragging it like you would a worm
i will check the articles out you sent me

bassobsessed

• Bassobsessed
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »
The fluke master on U tube has a great sight he has a segment on jig fishing and much more on many different presentations. His name is Gene Jensen .  He not only goes in to why but will show you how. Good Luck

bassman82

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »
wow awesome thanks bassobesessed