Author Topic: Tis the first day of spring  (Read 358 times)

Jig Man

Tis the first day of spring
« on: March 20, 2018, 04:15:33 PM »
We have been cloudy, windy, cold, and misty all day long.  However, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday are supposed to be really nice.  Can't come soon enough for me.  I've had a lousy winter of health and fishing.  I'm ready to be healed and on the water at least a couple of times per week.

virginiabass4492

Re: Tis the first day of spring
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:27:11 PM »
wow  STILL  cold, Rainy and  snow  in va. maby by may I will be able to fish rofl
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

Bill M

• Bill M's Wacky Tool
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
Nor"Easter # 4 here and dumping a foot of snow, how far did spring go ahead??

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
We are spose to get 3 to 6 inches of the white crap here in Iowa this weekend!

Ready for spring!

IC1

BigFran-BassHunter

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
1st day of Spring and 7-10 inches of SNOW here in Central NJ. Yuk
itching to do some Crappie fishing!!BUT too cold yet.
Fran

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
Well guys, down here in the South(Alabama), conditions aren't perfect but at least we haven't had any white stuff. Temps are ok(mid to high 50's) but the wind has been a bummer. Makes it feel like the 30's
and difficulty positioning the boat for any length of time. Went a couple of times last week and manage a few keepers, nothing picture worthy yet :'(
The smallmouth fishing has been spectacular on Pickwick Lake. The winning string( 5 fish) on a tournament last weekend weighed in at over 31 lbs!.(all smallmouth!) 2nd place was 29lbs plus.
Trouble is, the area where these were caught, is so popular, you almost have to take a number and get in line to fish it :)
Oh well, maybe next week it will settle down a bit where we can sneak in there and get our share..

TRR 8)
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth

Jig Man

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
Hit Table Rock for a while this am.  Managed 5 on cranks and spinner baits.  The best one was a 4# lmb.  The air temp was 60 when I started and 70 when I quit.  The water was 54 to 60.  There was a strong wind from the south which switched to the west and then to the north.  I expected a good bite early but did not find it.

Spring is here for a short time.  30s are in the near future.

Hunterlaw

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 01:54:03 AM »
South ga is ready. Weather has not been great but I don't care anymore. I just want to sit in a boat for awhile :P

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 05:14:38 PM »
We ended up getting 11 inches of snow! Melting fast, but still a lot of work that I did not need at home and at my shop! Come on warm weather! We are ready!
IC1

Jig Man

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 05:48:35 PM »
We ended up getting 11 inches of snow! Melting fast, but still a lot of work that I did not need at home and at my shop! Come on warm weather! We are ready!
IC1

Kyle what is that much snow going to do to the river up your way?