Author Topic: Coming out of the freezer  (Read 396 times)

Jig Man

Coming out of the freezer
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »
Today is the first day in a long time that we are getting above freezing.  It is already up to 34 and heading for 50.  Tomorrow near 60 and Sunday 65 with rain.  Hopefully by Monday all of the white stuff will be gone and the lakes will be open again.  I have been calling both the state and feds about accessible ramps at Stockton.  NO GO.

I'm fixing to call about Table Rock in a bit.  I really want to get the boat "safely" wet tomorrow.

virginiabass4492

Re: Coming out of the freezer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:26:57 AM »
Great,  hope you can get out safely.
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »
Yeah. Supposed to get up to 60 here in North Alabama on Saturday. My buddy and I are gonna give 'em a try after the sun gets up a little bit.
Wish us luck.

TRR 8)
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth

Jig Man

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
Go get 'um.  I got up sneezing and feeling funky.  I'm not going to go today.  If I feel good in the morning I may run down to Table Rock for a while.

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »
Good luck guys! Snow about gone here in Iowa. Was in the 40's. Send us some more sunshine!
IC1

nimmor

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 04:26:41 AM »
It finally warmed up here in Ky. The bad part is we had all that snow and now it's melting and making a muddy mess. I'm not complaining though. I deal with the mud over freezing.

Jig Man

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »
We made it up to 72 yesterday but it was very windy.  It is going to be close to 50 mph winds today.  I'm really wanting to go fishing but I'd like it to be at least cool and breezy instead of cold and windy.

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »
Sorry guys. My trip this weekend was a bust! Not even a bite :'(

TRR 8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:59:44 PM by TennRiverRat »
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth