Author Topic: New Reservoir that opened  (Read 75 times)

virginiabass4492

New Reservoir that opened
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:25:29 AM »
Lake Mooney  here in Va.  they  want  people to  keep  all   bass 12  in.  and under but I  fish just for the thrill and a  12  in. bass  isen't very big. I understand  why   they  want you to take  these small  ones  because they  are TOO plentiful . but I  don't  eat them  and don't know anyone that wants them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:31:01 AM by virginiabass4492 »
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

Ed Gerdemann

Re: New Reservoir that opened
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:53:57 PM »
Lake Mooney  here in Va.  they  want  people to  keep  all   bass 12  in.  and under but I  fish just for the thrill and a  12  in. bass  isen't very big. I understand  why   they  want you to take  these small  ones  because they  are TOO plentiful . but I  don't  eat them  and don't know anyone that wants them.

Bass are good to eat. We keep a lot of smallmouth on Lake Powell because the lake is loaded with them and the limits (20 per day/40 in possession) are liberal. We keep smaller fish up to 12 or 13 inches and release the bigger ones if possible. Catch-and-release isn't always the best policy. I understand if you just don't like to eat fish, but if you do try some of those smaller bass. Eat them fresh as soon as possible after catching them. Fish that's been frozen is never as good as fresh.  ;)
Ed Gerdemann

virginiabass4492

Re: New Reservoir that opened
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
thanks  ed  I will try  :)
Keep Your Lines Wet :)