Author Topic: Plastics  (Read 62 times)

bassobsessed

• Bassobsessed
Plastics
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:01:27 PM »
Been quite the fishing season for me . For some reason crank baits ,spinner baits , chatter baits wasn't working for me this year.  I am guessing it is fishing pressure, or the shifting weather we have been having anyway ... . I went to "finesse" fishing and started catching them finally again. now and then going back to my old ways which wasn't producing maybe  getting one now and then.  I then downsized lures and started catching them again. This to me is puzzling. I also cant believe the boat traffic this year. anyone one else run into this? 

Jig Man

Re: Plastics
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »
We have had a very different year here in MO.  We were cold way into spring then in May it go hot like July and stayed that way until this week.  It also got real dry.  We have been in a severe drought.  Fishing was not very good until after the spawn then for some reason the Ned rig caught fire.  It produced unreal numbers and size for about 5 weeks then like flipping a switch they quit it and moved.  I've been looking for them ever since.  The Ned rig can't even get a bite lately.  Baby Brush Hogs on a wobble head has been my best bait lately.

virginiabass4492

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
last few weeks worms and crankbaits were working, today we  got 12 bass  and 2 pikes ALL but 2 were  were  on crankbait.  and all were within 12 ft of the bank in the grass,i think weather and pressure from hurricane had something to do with it cloudy, misty rain, and temps dropped from  hi 90's to 84*.wtg jig man. good job bassobsessed.
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

gottafish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
In my area we had a rainy spring then it got hot quick. My son wacked them all year on a 7 inch curly tail texas rig worm. I had some luck on a jig but caught my biggest of the summer on a 10 in curly tail worm in deeper water. Ready for the fall feeding frenzy so hopefully will get me some big ones in the lake behind the house.

Ed Gerdemann

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 12:54:32 AM »
Smallmouth fishing at Lake Powell is the best I've seen in the 27 plus years I've been fishing there. What is unusual about this year is fishing are spending a lot of time up shallow even on hot (90+) days, and weightless Senkos have often time been more productive than drop shotting. A lot of water will be released from Powell over the next couple months to move sediment downstream on the Colorado River for improvement of native fish habitat and to bring up Lake Mead. It will be interesting to see how this affects the fishing.   ???
Ed Gerdemann

virginiabass4492

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
that  10 in. curlytail  worm  is  great I use  the  anaconda  from  strike king
Keep Your Lines Wet :)