Author Topic: 5"Senko worm molds  (Read 67 times)

bassobsessed

• Bassobsessed
5"Senko worm molds
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:46:52 PM »
Right now in my basement inner sanctum last winter I started out Custom painting my old crank bait lures some where it went crazy I did my 50 or so crank baits and about 100 more for people and they are all gone and I am not even advertising strictly people word of mouth. Been pretty busy so far this year. . I am not complaining but I wanted to fish this year also  :) .  Now this winter I am going to try reusing my bucket of busted up Senkos remelt them and reuse them.  I know about the do it molds and wondering is there other brands if so what is the best brand mold for making the 5 in Senko. Also noticed there are a lot of different prices for same mold. Anyone that pours molds could use your advice. Good fishing

Jig Man

Re: 5"Senko worm molds
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »
I have a Del-Mart stick bait mold that makes wonderful 5" baits.  It can be hand poured or injected. 

If your plastisol has salt you will need to keep it stirred well and often as the salt will sink.  If you plan to melt in a microwave don't use the one from the kitchen.  Get a cheap one from a garage sale or Wally World.

If you do this in the basement you should have an open window with a fan blowing to the outside to get rid of the fumes.  You will need some good gloves, and eye protection.  Never get water around hot plastic, it may explode.

If you haven't done this you should go to www.tackleunderground.com and look in the soft plastics forum under the (don't for newbies).  There is a lot of good info there which can save you time and maybe a serious injury as you will be working with plastic over 300.

Remember that when you start mixing baits of different colors the end result will be brown.

I have been melting plastisol for over 40 years and have a few dozen molds, hand pour, injection, home made and purchased, so I may be able to help you with your learning curve.  Post back when you have questions.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:38:20 AM by Jig Man »

bassobsessed

• Bassobsessed
Re: 5"Senko worm molds
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »
Thank you for sharing your knowledge will follow your advice. I like to ask questions before  jumping into something like this.