Author Topic: Tackle box's  (Read 79 times)

virginiabass4492

Tackle box's
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »
whats everyone's fav. tackle box ? replacing the one I have which is a plano 753  I think ,  numbers wore off  lol.  latch broke on one side.

Keep Your Lines Wet :)

Ed Gerdemann

Re: Tackle box's
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:19:09 AM »
I use tackle bags with plastic boxes. I haven't used a traditional tackle box for years. I have a bag with several boxes of assorted topwaters, crankbaits, spoons, spinnerbaits, etc., which I keep stored in my boat when I'm on the water. However, since most of my fishing is done with soft plastics, I have a special bag for soft plastics which contain smaller plastic boxes for hooks, sinkers and other terminal tackle. The bag system works best for me.  ;)
Ed Gerdemann

Jig Man

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »
I only use one when I go with someone else.  I have an old one similar to the one in the link.  Mine holds the 3600 size boxes (5 in front on the shelves, 2 in back, and 2 in the top if I don't take food in it.  It also has 2 side pockets for other stuff and some storage in the front zipper pocket.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-xps-stalker-front-loader-bag-or-tackle-system

G3boats

• USA Retired (31 years)On The Tidal Potomac
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »
I am like Ed.  I use Plano 3700 boxes and each box is labeled and devoted to the same baits in different colors and weights.  Each time I go out I take boxes that are appropriate for the moment bound together with luggage straps and drop them in to the starboard hatch.  Plastics are in various labeled 3600 boxes and I have eight of those in an old gym bag, which fits under a step I built to the front deck.  My boat is stored in a nearby state park secured storage yard, so I have to haul everything back and forth.  I have my huge Plano hip roof tackle box my daughter gifted me when I got in to bass fishing 18 years ago following retirement and I hate to part with it, so it sits on the shelf empty.