Author Topic: Braided line for worm fishing  (Read 254 times)

virginiabass4492

Braided line for worm fishing
« on: February 05, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
some people say  no because it floats, but the sensitivity is so great .

use a floro leader because fish see the  line? what if you use black braid ?

reason I want to go with straight braid is because it's hard to tie knots with arthritis.

What do some of you  think about the straight braid ?
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

Jig Man

Re: Braided line for worm fishing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:09:59 PM »
I've done it lots of ways.  There is always green braid but I can't see it very well when the sun is shinning.  I use Power Pro white.  It is easy to see and the fish don't seem to mind at all.  I only use a leader when I am in rocks and don't want to tie the line to the boat to break it off when hung up.

Also if you are new to braid, be careful if you get hung up.  It can cut you like a knife.

Ed Gerdemann

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:49 AM »
I've found you only need to use a fluorocarbon leader when fishing in clear water. I used straight braid all the time when worm fishing in stained and murky water and found it worked very well. You must need to remember that with braid you should use a softer action rod and back off the drag on the reel. If you don't you could tear up your tackle and lose a lot of fish!  ;)
Ed Gerdemann

BigFran-BassHunter

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
I use 10lb yellow braid. I put about a 15 foot fluoro leader. 6-8 or 10lb. Uni-Uni knot or a FG knot.
The 15 foot lasts quite a while as your leader.
 Or you can take about 4-6 foot of any color braid and color it black with a magic marker! It works.

Fran

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »
Been using straight braid for worm and creature fishing for years. Love the extra sensitivity.

TennRiverRat 8) 8)
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth