Author Topic: Boat getting run over...unreal!  (Read 93 times)

Subitai

• My other passion
Boat getting run over...unreal!
« on: March 04, 2019, 08:29:40 PM »
Ok, not sure if this video has been discussed yet.  I'm only posting this video for general awareness and safety when out boating.  It's amazing to me sometimes how people can be clueless out on the water:

https://youtu.be/vhsYPVEinBE

The kinda stuff might only happen to me when im saltwater inshore fishing but im still always on the lookout.
"O" ....  "I buy MORE than my share to keep the Tackle Industry in business   "

Jig Man

Re: Boat getting run over...unreal!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:27:23 AM »
Sad to say but that kind of stuff happens all of the time at Lake of the Ozarks just 100 miles north of me.  It is the 3 rd most dangerous body of water in north America, next to Lake Erie and the North Atlantic.

G3boats

• USA Retired (31 years)On The Tidal Potomac
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:08 AM »
Another case of money and no brains on the water. :'(

bassobsessed

• Bassobsessed
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:26:09 AM »
Some years back we had a boat coming in just outside the lake Michigan channel hitting another boat dead center we motored over to lend assistance . The boat that was run over had 2 people in it the man had injury's to his legs one leg was hanging on with just the skin I found out later he survived but lost both legs. The woman I recognized I knew her she worked in the office where I worked  she had lost her right arm and a lot of bleeding and some head injury's  . the drivers of the boat that hit the boat was intoxicated there was 4 people on board and no one was injured I also found out later this same driver was ticketed before this 3 times for alcohol and operating a boat. In Michigan they can arrest you for this. Sad this had to happen was completely avoidable

Subitai

• My other passion
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
Holy moly...sad story dude! :-\
"O" ....  "I buy MORE than my share to keep the Tackle Industry in business   "