Author Topic: Well I blew it, first pike...  (Read 528 times)

gottafish

• Administrator
Well I blew it, first pike...
« on: June 11, 2019, 08:34:50 AM »
This was I believe the first pike I have ever hooked into. I was using a cheap travel rod I have and was throwing a ned rig. Just before this I lost a largemouth and then hooked into this beast. I know this was not big as compared to some that fish for these toothy critters but it was a beast to me. My line was bad and actually started to fray as I was fighting it. I did not think my line was that old so I did good just to get it to the dock. If I would have been thinking I should have asked someone on the wall to use their net. My wife always forgets to turn her phone side ways but she actually did good to get the end of it on video. Note to self NEXT TIME BRING A NET!!!!  :o HINT: if you use a phone it will look great- also one bad word so if you are in a sensitive spot keep the volume down!! :-X

My first pike but lost the fight
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:13:43 AM by gottafish »

virginiabass4492

Re: Well I blew it, first pike...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:07:04 AM »
nice fish, to bad it got away. good luck next time and bring the net lol cause you never realy know what you gonna catch ;D
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:34:17 AM »
Well the worst part is, i just bought a nice new net and did not bring it with me.

Ed Gerdemann

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:24:26 AM »
You're not the first guy who has lost a nice fish nor will you be the last. I lost the biggest bass I hooked this past week up at Lake Powell when I decided to swing it in instead of using the net. If I'd have used the net I likely would have gotten it. Unlike your situation, my net was in the boat with me! I was fighting 3-foot powerboat wake rollers with the trolling motor while playing the fish and I did not want to abandon the trolling motor to get the net. I'll bet if you go back there you'll hook another nice one, and hopefully you will be better prepared!  ;D
Ed Gerdemann

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »
Yep I plan to bring a net in the future. :o