Author Topic: NEW!! GONE FISHIN/FISH TALK FORUM FACEBOOK GROUP  (Read 633 times)

gottafish

• Administrator
NEW!! GONE FISHIN/FISH TALK FORUM FACEBOOK GROUP
« on: July 03, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
After much debating, well not really it took me about 5 minutes to realize this site has seen better days and we needed to do something I talked with Crossbow and decided to make a facebook group to supplement this forum. The reason being is that neither of the admins actually own, control or pay for the bandwidth for this site. This site is completely owned by bill dance outdoors. So we feel it is best to do something now instead of waiting for the day, which is inevitable, that this site may possibly go away. I think for both of us we are surprised it has not seeing that it holds no monetary value to Bill Dance Outdoors. So we decided to act now to give present members the opportunity to join the facebook group as proceed forward. It is like anything in technology, even though you like what you have now does not mean it will be there in the future. Things change and as much as it pains me, because I really like forums, it is most definitely time for a change here. So if you decide to stay here that is perfectly fine but if you want to join the facebook group I will post a direct link below. Right now it is a closed group and only members can see content. Eventually it will be a public group but we still will have a membership approval process in order to keep some semblance of privacy and to keep spammers away.  It is still under construction and a work in process so please excuse the mess. I hope to have an official opening of the page in the next couple weeks.

Now as for this forum it will continue to run as it has until the powers to be see otherwise. We are not asking for it to be taken down or anything like that so please do not message me asking me not to get rid of it. That is not my choice nor will suggest that to anyone that controls this site. I will say that I will visit both over the next few months but slowly start using the facebook site as the primary place. This is just a test and if no one joins then it will go by the wayside and I will move on. I think it really is the best move going forward as these forums are basically a beater in the world of high performance cars. Nothing wrong with a beater but eventually you have to upgrade.

Some benefits:
Easily upload pictures
Easily link youtube videos
Easily make posts and share stories

Downside
It is facebook I get it but no matter what site your on you are not that safe and facebook is no different. you can set your privacy to be very tight and change your password on occasion you are generally good to go.

So stop by the facebook forum and sign up. I will approve members as quick as I can so please be patient with the process.

Gone Fishing/Fish Talk forum on Facebook Click here

For those who are moderators here and would like to continue this on facebook please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve Huebner
AKA: Gottafish

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:09:17 PM by gottafish »

indiancreek1

• Global Moderator
  • Marion, Iowa
Re: NEW!! GONE FISHIN/FISH TALK FORUM FACEBOOK GROUP
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:00:18 PM »
Good idea Gottafish! I all in! Put me down as an admin as needed again.
Indiancreek1

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 07:47:24 AM »
Stop by and sign up. The facebook page is growing. Still need to get some things figures out. Seems i have to wait 28 days to change it to a public group!!! ???

TennRiverRat

• Global Moderator
  • Miss. Oxbow fishing
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:21 AM »
Great idea!!

TRR 8)
"River Rat"......Obsessed fisherman who spends entirely too much time on the river(According to my Wife!!)--Killen, Al. Home of Giant Smallmouth

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
Thanks!! I guess after all this time, It has been how many years, it was finally time to move in a new direction. I know I have been here since probably the middle 2000's back when it was a one line forum. Those were the old days. We have watched it grow through several changes and this just one more change that was inevitable. These type of forums are great, I love them personally, but after tiring everything I could to get people to be more involved it just didn't work. Now will the facebook group work, that I am not sure of , but it was time to try. As I said above neither Crossbow nor I have any control on this forum. At some point it could go away so it was time to move to the preferred platform of the day and that is facebook. So we shall see what happens then go from there.

gottafish

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »
We continue to grow the facebook forum. Stop by and check it out.