Author Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FROM BILL DANCE OUTDOORS  (Read 49 times)

gottafish

• Administrator
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FROM BILL DANCE OUTDOORS
« on: July 23, 2019, 12:11:48 PM »
Today I was contacted by Bill Dance outdoors to make an announcement that the GONE FISHING/FISH TALK forum will be shut down in the next few weeks :'(. It will not return but will continue on the the facebook page linked below.

I want to make sure everyone knows this was not mine nor any of the admins idea and is part of a hosting change that is happening at BDO. I think if everyone is honest we all knew this day was coming as these forums are basically a dinosaur. Please do not contact us about this. We can not change the inevitable. After so many years of being a participant and then admin of the forum, I along with all the admins and moderators are sadden also to see this shut down.  As I have said though things change and it is now time for a change here.

Here is the message I received today on the facebook group:
Hey Steve, You are correct! We are having to cancel the Fish Talk Forum on the website due to it being incompatible with our new hosting company. We'll be switching over in the next couple weeks so if you don't mind will you let everyone know? You've all been doing such a great job and I thank each of you moderators for your years of volunteer work! Bill

You can check this out in the announcement section of the group. It is the pinned post at the top of the page.

We will continue to promote Bill's blog and show but we are not affiliated with them whatsoever for now. They have been kind enough to allow us to use the Gone Fishing logo which we truly appreciate. You will find a link to Bill's blog in the announcement section of the facebook group.

With this all said we as admins and moderators want to thank all who participated in this forum. It has had a great run but as we know in recent years it has lost it's luster. I don't think some realize what it took to run this site especially back in it's hay day. We would get dozens of spammer per week. It was hard to weed them all out. As an admin along with crossbow and BDO we would like to say thank you to all the moderators that helped with this forum, it would not have ran as smoothly as it did without you. As much as this saddens all of us we are still very excited to see where the facebook group will take us. Please use the link the below to join. Right now it is a closed group but will become a public group as soon as facebook allows us.

I will try to take from here what I can and move it to the facebook group but most of what is here will just be lost to the interwebs!! I have already linked the ranger rob and BFTR in the facebook group which you can easily find under the bass fishing tips and tricks topic. I am not sure what else I will be able to save but I will certainly try to save what I can.

Lastly a big thanks goes to Bill Dance for allowing us the pleasure to have a place to discuss our fishing addiction. We truly appreciate it.

So it is now time to say goodbye to BDO forums and say hello to the new Gone Fishing forums Facebook group

Gone Fishing Forums Facebook Group CLICK HERE