Author Topic: Berkley Powerbait worms ( unbelievable )  (Read 434 times)

virginiabass4492

Berkley Powerbait worms ( unbelievable )
« on: September 20, 2019, 09:03:44 AM »
I made a cast  of about  30 ft. i will say, got a bite, set the  hook , begain  to bring fish in got this within 3 feet of boat and the  fish DIDNOT have the hook in it's mouth ! it was just holding on to the worm !. this fish held on while I pulled him about 15 ft. I didn't know they were that strong to hang on  to a bait that long while I was reeling.  me and brother in law could not beleive what we were seeing. OH  and  we caught about 15 bass largest being about  2 3/4 lbs.  water was real clear for some reason  could see about 6 ft. down.  all caught on worm and  one on chatterbait. everything was caught on or near  wood, stumps, downed trees.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 10:17:19 AM by virginiabass4492 »
Keep Your Lines Wet :)

Ed Gerdemann

Re: Berkley Powerbait worms ( unbelievable )
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 08:20:38 PM »
They will really hold onto that Power Bait for a long time. They'll hold on to the Yamamoto baits a long time, too. Even though the Yamamoto baits don't have the powerful sent the Berkley baits do, they have some special oils cooked in along with the heavy dose of salt and bass will really hold onto them a long time. I will say this about the Berkley baits, however, catfish seem to prefer them over the Yamamoto baits. Before I switched over to Yamamoto baits exclusively, it wasn't unusual for me to catch three or four channel cats per day crawling Berkley Power Worms along the bottom. Walleyes seemed to like them, too.

For fun, the next time you're fishing and get a strike on a Power Bait, see how far you can lead the fish without setting the hook. I once led a bass completely around my boat twice before setting the hook. I was talking to a game warden at the time, and the subject came up about the effectiveness of certain soft plastic lures. I did that as a demonstration for him, and he was impressed. I think he was more of a trout fisherman than a bass fisherman and was trying to learn a few things as his assignment was going to be Lake Powell for a while.  :)
Ed Gerdemann

virginiabass4492

Re: Berkley Powerbait worms ( unbelievable )
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:54:20 PM »
wow  ok I will try  that cause it realy amazed  me. tks
Keep Your Lines Wet :)